Saturday, June 26, 2010

Arabia

I really wish I knew what Paul was doing in Arabia for three years after he came to believe.

I am beginning to understand that life transformation does not come immediately after becoming a believer. Perhaps Paul was working out his salvation which is something that comes after salvation. Perhaps he didn't know of the power now invested in him until he spent time putting it into practice. Trial and error. Failed attempts used to grow; strength developed over time. Pursuit over and over again.

In many respects, I feel as though I am still in Arabia.

1 comment:

A Long Journey said...

Mmmmm...good thoughts, friend. I wish I had a mind that worked like yours; I also wish we had more records of Paul's life...and more records of a certain man more important than him...you know? I am hoping that you have this "arabia" experience that you talk about while in Djibouti. :)

Love you!
Court